Friday, March 5, 2021

A March Morning Daybook

 Its Friday, March 5

Outside my window the sun is shinning, its 45degrees and I see with my little eye, red flowers on our Maple tree. I can see the birds on multi feeders. So far we have nests in the Bluebird house and the house on the front porch where the Wrens like to raise their families. The Chickens started laying eggs again as the days began getting longer. They are happy with the sunshine and green grass.

Today was supposed to be our monthly Zoom Book Club meeting, however, one of our member's husband passed away and we canceled in respect. It has been a busy week with meetings, a hair appointment and lunch with my bestie for the first time in a year. Life might get back to normal someday soon. Friday I had my first pedicure in a year.

I am reading the second book in the Red Mountain series by Bo Walker, Red Mountain Rising. I haven't been reading quite as much as I am following several YouTube Vlogs. 

I am creating the quilting on The Little Dutch Girl Quilt.

This morning I asked Alexa to say hello to the cat, Smokey. She commenced playing a cat purring. It fascinated him for a few minutes. He has become very needy. Right now he is sitting on the arm of my chair trying to catch my typing fingers.

In the Kitchen, Honey Bear is cutting up cabbage to ferment in the refrigerator. He eats a lot of cabbage in various ways. Tonight is pizza night. We only make half a pizza now so there's no leftovers to temp us to eat more bread. Our low carb, low sugar way of life is still in effect. I've lost 23 pounds and just hope to maintain at this point so my clothes won't get too big. I am able to wear some in a smaller size but mostly I wear jeggings so they adjust. I did buy a new pair of pants in the smaller size. What fun.

Around 10:00 we'll take our morning walk and I'm hoping to do a little quilting. I am considering setting up my smaller machine and starting quilting on the Fall Leaf Quilt. I would also like to crochet a few dish cloths.

How is your day unfolding?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see a post from you. I had a hysterectomy due to bad cells being found. Because of Covid it kept getting put off. Just glad it is over and done with now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete