Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wednesday

 Sometimes I get in the mood to visit old friends, not necessarily old but long time friends. I wonder what they're up to these days and really wish I could hear from them.

These days we pretty much are home except for the grocery store. Recently my husband's sister dies after a 3 week hospital stay. She had this virus as well as pneumonia. The family were unable to visit her and for ten days could not even talk to her on the phone because she was sedated and on a respirator. The day they weaned her from these she was able to talk briefly with family. She had improved. Two days later she was dead. A lot of mystery surrounds these things when you cannot advocate for the patient.  

We get up every morning at 6:00 a.m., have coffee then walk a mile. It is good to get out and be in the fresh air and nature. I am thankful for Birds, Sunshine, and my companion on these walks. We meet many of our near and distant neighbors, being careful to walk on separate sides of the street whenever we pass with a "Good Morning".  Sometimes we see dogs out with their owners or cats on their own. We see flowers, changing leaf colors, and Fall decorations.

Honey Bear still has his garden, Okra is still producing, although, that will change now that the weather at night is in the 50's.  He has a routine, goes out to feed the fish, take treats to the chickens, or just piddle around in the yard.

I had been suffering from mild depression and not being motivated to create. Monday I decided to work on the heritage quilt. It is a quilt top that was found when his Grandparents house was sold and the furnishings dispersed. It was missing the border on two sides. I matched the color as best I could and am adding the missing sides. Then I will quilt it. For the last few years, I've had labels for my quilts made by friend on their embroidery machine. I've been thinking about what to put on this one. I'm not sure if the quilt top was pieced by his Grandmother or one of his Aunts. All are deceased so I can't ask. I may just put "pieced by Robinson women" and add my name as the finisher with date. I'd like to know how old it is and maybe someone could tell by the prints, I don't know.

Another bit of news: I have been following a low carb, low sugar diet since April. Honey Bear had been doing this for a number of years. I've tried it once before but gave it up after losing 10 pounds. Also, I fast from about 6:00 at night until 12:00 the next day. I've lot 10 more pounds. I would like to lose 5 more but it has gotten harder to lose lately.

What are you up to these days. I'd love to hear from you in the comments.

Mama Bear

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been struggling with mild depression. And very sorry to hear of the death of your husband's sister. I like the idea of crediting "Robinson women" for the piecing! IF is a good way to go. I generally do 7 p.m. to 1 p.m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am glad that you dropped by my blog, I have been wondering about you a great deal.

    Sorry you are going through mild depression, hopefully getting back into creating will help you a bit.

    Me, well I have been taking each day as it comes. Following what our health officers tell us to do and trying to stay as healthy as possible. I am also hoping the second big wave of the virus does not hit until I manage to have my surgery.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete