Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wednesday

 From this Side of the Pond

1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia? 
Sometimes, a song can remind one of where they were when they first heard it. I was thinking about my weather checks each morning before my walk when I remembered the first time I saw The weather Channel on TV. We were in Washington DC visiting a friend who was temporarily working there at the apartment provided by his employer. His wife had met us there and we were allowed to sleep at a vacant apartment, also, paid for by the employer. Each morning, early, we would get up, dress and go to our friend's apartment for breakfast before starting our day of sight-seeing. He would always have that channel on the television set.

 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? 
Yes, definitely have to have that first cup upon arising, from my timed coffee pot. Lately, my husband and I get up around 6:00 to beat the heat, for our walk and always take time to have that first cup. I take mine with just  little milk. After our return, I'll have two more cups, Latte style cups. I love Tiramisu. I do not like to have conversation before drinking my coffee.

 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. Certainly for me it would be praise. If someone tells me what I did wrong without asking if they can make suggestions, it feels like a criticism of me personally. For instance, if my Husband critiques my writing, it hurts my feelings and I get defensive.

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? Lost and maybe Grey's Anatomy.

 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. 
Excited, Contemplative, Concerned

 6. Insert your own random thought here.
Fall is my favorite time of the year. So I'm excited that the temperatures are lower and there's a crispness to the air. This also means we can sleep a little later before our walk in the morning. I don't know about you, but since we're sheltering at home, our need for cute outfits has declined. I have begun to wear some of my clothes(normally saved for outings) at home. There isn't the desire to shop for clothes. I have started my Christmas shopping online.

These questions are courtesy of Joyce.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to visit you today.
    I'm the same way, I feel defensive or have hurt feelings if I feel like someone is criticizing me or how I did something.
    Concerned is a good word to describe my mood as well with all that is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great responses, coffee first for us in the morning too!
    Have a great day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your three words--they describe many of my feelings lately.
    Banana and then coffee for me. Love my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need a cup of coffee upon getting up. I usually have 2 cups then go for a walk. Then have a third cup after doing some work around the house.

    So glad you are posting once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your comment about sheltering at home. Our governor extended the mask wearing order yesterday and I am so glad. My husband and I are both working but trying to be safe. We've not been inside a restaurant (or even outside seating) since the end of February. Our church is slowly re-opening for limited seating in person indoor worship. I was able to shelter at home from mid March through May. Stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. second comment from me -- oh my goodness - I just saw that you live in Alabama, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought a Christmas stocking for my soon-to-be son-in-law this morning. We all have matching and I figured I better do it while I'm thinking about it : ) Also I'm in my yoga pants right now, although I do wear regular clothes most days! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete